Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Our 20th Anniversary, a Tri Shutter card for Bruce

Happy Anniversary to us :) We made it to a glorious 20 years.

(We've both been married before, so it's more like Bruce's 50th and my 35th LOL) It's a very long story, but I can't express how joyous I am to have 20 loving years with this man!

The ship is a free digi from the internet. The map panels are also free digis of a world map found on the internet. I just enlarged and printed it, then cut out pieces to fit and distressed it a bit with distress inks. All the stamped shells, fish & stars are from JustRite stamps. The sentiment is typed and printed. It's extremely heartfelt to me, and what I used to tell Bruce long before I knew it was a sentiment.

I painted the ship with Broken China distress ink first, then Perfect Pearls (plain white pearl) and water. The border outlines were drawn with a gold Sharpie marker. I used some Vintage Paper distress ink around the ship oval and the sentiment, then tipped around with Perfect Pearls in gold mixed with water. I used Memento Rich Cocoa to stamp the ocean critters.

Finished up with some gold nail head stickies by Mark Richards and a golden anchor charm tied on with some twine. Bazzill cardstock.

Entered into: CDAC Inspiration Challenge

 



Thank you very much for looking!
 

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 20 years!! I love this card and the sentiment is so perfect. I just might use that sentiment for 50 years with my hubby this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Your card is so pretty, and that sentiment makes me all misty eyed. My DH and I have been married over 40 years, and I love him more every day. Enjoy your wonderful milestone! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy 20th anniversary! (we have a 50th coming in July!) These are huge milestones, and I hope you two had a very special day. Your card is lovely, and I'm impressed with what you did with digi files to create this beautiful card. Loved your sentiment, and I'm sure your hubby did as well. And that you made it especially for him. I'm glad the 2 of you found each other. And I wish you many more years of happy togetherness! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our 40th in January. Boy, how time flies. Your card is beautiful. I've never tried to do one like that. Not sure I would know where to begin. lol Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary Rosy & Bruce and I hope you have many more to come. Your sentiment is absolutely lovely and your card is stunning. I love everything that you did with the card Rosy. Hugs, Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all I wish you a very happy anniversary. And, secondly, that card is fantastic! Wonderful elements and great distressed look to your masculine sea themed card. And, I love the sentiment. That fits perfectly for a card of love! We will have our 44th in October and to me, it doesn't seem that it should be that many years already. But I guess numbers don't lie. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary Rosy, you're such a sweet Lady you deserve a great guy like Bruce, bless you both. Now that card made with the love shining through is a work of ART.I really can see all the love you put into this card and you have showcased it beautifully with the shells. FABULOUS.. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend, big hugs to you..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous anniversary card and sentiment. Thank you for playing in the inspirational challenge at CDAC.
    Loretta, CDAC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosy, thanks so much for sharing your special card with us. I absolutly love your sentiment.
    Thank you so much for playing the CDAC INSPIRATIONAL CHALLENGE
    Lynnel
    CDAC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fabulous shutter card, Rosy. Great coloring on the ship image, and what a wonderful sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the CDAC challenges.

    Christine - CDAC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Rosy and happy belated anniversary. I love all the detail yo added to it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Your card is gorgeous, Rosy! So many great details, love it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This tri shutter card is fantastic. I love the nautical theme.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!