Thursday, December 29, 2011

Photographer
I've been taking pictures of life in our yard again. It's just so beautiful I can't help it. I'll put them up a bit later.

Last night I could not sleep, so slowly crept outside into the blackest of nights as the smiling crescent of our moon had already set over the ocean. Above my head twinkled what seemed as millions of diamonds. Psalm 147:4 states that "He is
counting the number of the stars; all of them he calls by NAME." (caps mine) Even our most brilliant scientists have to revert to a combination of letters and numbers and computers to help them keep track of the twinkling lights in the sky. Amazing.

I recognized Cassiopeia, Orion and his belt, Pleiades, The Little Dipper, and so much more. I reached up towards the sky, said a prayer of thanks, took in deep breaths and blew out my troubles. One kitty wound herself around and around my ankles, the other one went on a scouting mission, and our dog went back into the house. And I knew for right now, all is well in our part of the endless world and universe.

2 comments:

  1. I often cannot sleep but going outside in the freezing cold is not an option lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Susan - I forget how cold it is elsewhere :) Although in Oregon, it truly was a very dry cold? so that in the 20s I could run about outside and fill the bird feeders in my nightie (we had 10 acres next to giant pivots of about 600 acres each, so no one could see). It was more invigorating than cold, but my fingers would freeze up with Raynaud's.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!